Brand New Aftermarket Automatic Voltage Regulator
The R438 AVR is powered by two auxiliary windings which are self-sufficient of the voltage match circuit, the first winding has a voltage in proportion to that of the alternator(characteristic shunt), the second has a voltage in proportion to the stator current (compound characteristic: booster effect). The power supply voltage is rectified and filtered before being used by the AVR monitoring transistor. This principle ensures that regulation is not unnatural by distortions generated by the load, This excitation system consists of a PMG ( permanent magnet generator), which is fitted at the rear of the machine and connected to the R438 AVR. The PMG supplies the AVR with constant voltage which is independent of the main alternator winding.
- Brand Name: DURAFORCE
- Part Number: AVR R438
- Quantity: 1
- Voltage Regulation: ± 0.5%
- Short Circuit Capability: 300% of I-rated for 10 seconds when in AREP or PMG configuration
- Voltage Sensing: 95 to 140 volts (50/60 Hz) or 170 to 260 volts (50/60 Hz) or 340 to 520 volts (50/60 Hz)
- Response Time: Normal (1 sec) for ± 20% voltage variation or Rapid (0.3 sec) for ± 20% voltage variation
- Capable of Remote Voltage Adjustment: ± 5%
- Leroy-Somer Generator(s): 1000 Series, 2000 Series, 3000 Series
Parts can vary depending on the serial number of the machine.